Ammonia (NH3) and Nitrite (NO2) are the common toxic forms of nitrogen in semi-intensive and intensive culture system where their level increases exponentially over time even with frequent water exchange. Nitrite causes dissolved oxygen stress to shrimp and fish by reducing the oxygen affinity. Hydrogen sulfide released by degrading organic matter at the pond bottom is highly toxic to shrimps. Ammonia, nitrite and sulfide increase the susceptibility of aquatic animals to diseases, particularly shrimp, which are bottom dwelling organisms. Hence, it is extremely important that these toxic forms of nitrogen generated during culture be mitigated to achieve optimal aquaculture productivity.
- Very effective in converting Ammonia, Nitrite and Sulfide to non-toxic forms
- Ideal for farms with high stocking, high feeding rates and limited water exchange
- Keeps high alkalinity under check
- Works in a broad range of salinity (0-50 ppt)
- Works in a broad range of pH and temperature
- Prevents shrimps from stress due to Ammonia, Nitrite and Sulfide
- Supports active nitrogen and sulfur cycling
Contains multiple species of heterotrophic nitrifying and denitrifying bacteria.
To 10-20L of pond water 1-2L of the product is added along with 15 Kg of Jaggery. Mix well and allow it to brew for 12 hours. After 12 hours, apply the brew throughout the pond.
Shelf life & Storage:
24 months from the date of manufacture. Store in a cool, dry place.